Indice del forum

L'Ettaro Forum

forum di agricoltura e agromeccanica

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

The Giants have played
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Presentazioni
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
shushu

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: 13 Gen 2019 04:45:00    Oggetto:  The Giants have played
Descrizione: The Giants have played

BOSTON -- It is Michel Therriens first Game 7 as an NHL coach, compared to No. 10 for Bostons Claude Julien. But as the Canadiens coach pointed out, he has been here before. "For us, Game 6 in Montreal was the same thing," Therrien said of the Habs 4-0 do-or-die win, which forced Game 7 Wednesday night at the TD Garden. "Its a matter of attitude and I believe we had the right frame of mind and right mindset for Game 6. The attitude was there. "And I saw a bunch of guys (Tuesday) with the same attitude. This morning again. So were all excited about that challenge. It was a huge challenge for us back home and its another huge challenge for us tonight." Julien, who ties Mike Keenan for the most Game 7s in NHL history among head coaches, was equally excited after the morning skate. "I was ready to play last night and I was excited watching the other games on TV," said the Bruins coach, who is 5-4 in his previous nine Games 7s. "I wish it was an afternoon game versus a night game. "Its the excitement of wanting to play those (games). It depends on how you approach it. Im excited about it. I dont know if having been through a lot of Game 7s is a compliment. But weve been through a lot of them and hopefully we can take advantage of it." The winner will host the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference final. Both the Bruins and Canadiens will be looking for a fast start. The team that scores first in Game 7 is 113-40 (.739) all-time, not to mention all six previous games in this series. Boston has a clear edge in Game 7 experience. The Bruins have played in a combined total of 89 Game 7s, compared to 38 for Montreal. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara will be appearing in his 11th Game 7, passing Martin Brodeur, Andrew Ference and Scott Gomez (10) for the most among active players "Asked about his favourite Game 7 memory, the 37-year-old Chara smiled and replied: "Every one that we win." Ask Montreal forward Brendan Gallagher about his last Game 7 and the 22-year-old forward reaches back to junior hockey for a double-overtime Vancouver Giants win over the Spokane Chiefs. The Habs will look to their leaders, with goalie Carey Price and defenceman P.K. Subban leading the way. "P.K. Subbans been phenomenal since the playoff started ... Hes a gamer," said Therrien. "Hes a guy that will bring his game to another level when the game counts. Hes been a leader on the ice definitely for our club." Prices record this year in elimination games is 4-0, counting Game 6 and three win-or-go-home games at the Sochi Olympics -- against Latvia, the U.S. and Sweden. The 26-year-old gave up just one goal in those games. "Hes calm and he makes our team play with confidence," said Therrien. "It goes with maturity. Hes a young veteran but this year his experience at the Olympics, I thought he was phenomenal. He was a true leader for that team and ended up winning the gold medal. Last game, it was the same thing. It was a huge game for us." All four of Prices post-season shutouts have come against the Bruins. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only other goalie to earn his first four playoff shutouts against one team is Brodeur (also against Boston). The only other Habs goalie with four post-season shutouts against the Bruins is Jacques Plante (between 1954 and 1958). Boston is taking part in a Game 7 for the seventh consecutive season, setting an NHL record. The Bruins had been tied with the Avalanche, participants in six consecutive years from 1998 through 2003. There was no word on any lineup changes. Asked if defenceman Dennis Seidenberg might return from a knee injury layoff, Julien chose to be a bit fuzzy. "I dont think so," said Julien, who obviously knew the answer. "Id be very surprised." NOTES -- The Game 7 between the Bruins and Canadiens is the ninth between the two franchises, which is a record for two teams among all major sports. Montreal held a 5-3 advantage in the eight prior Game 7s, but the teams split six such games in Boston ... Thirty-eight of the 152 Game 7s in the NHL have required overtime, with a 19-19 split between home and road teams.
. -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course.
. Ribery terrorized the Schalke defence throughout and put the home side ahead in the 36th minute when he chipped the goalkeeper before stroking the ball into the empty net. The French winger struck again after the interval, combining with Thomas Mueller on the left before firing a deflected shot beyond the helpless Timo Hildebrand in the 55th, as Bayern bounced back from Wednesdays 1-0 loss at FC Basel in the Champions League.
.Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner.
. -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights.
. But history aside, theyre still happy to participate in the Par 3 contest, traditionally held on the day prior to the first round of the Masters. SAN DIEGO -- Years later and some 500 miles to the south, Tyson Ross still considers the San Francisco Giants to be rivals. Born in Berkeley and raised in Oakland, where he later pitched for the As, Ross beat the Giants for the first time in six career appearances by throwing eight scoreless innings to lead the San Diego Padres to a 2-1 victory Friday night. "East Bay, man," Ross said. "That was a lot of fun. I grew up an As fan, so that rivalrys definitely there. The Giants were the rival at heart for me growing up." Ross held the Giants to four hits, struck out nine and walked one. The Padres handed Matt Cain his third straight loss. Ross (2-2) beat Cain five days after topping AL Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer and the Detroit Tigers. The right-hander was rarely in trouble, despite allowing a leadoff double to Angel Pagan. Ross then retired the next eight batters. He walked one. "From there he really made pitches. I thought his stuff was outstanding," Padres manager Bud Black said. "He was in a pitching duel with one of the proven National League pitchers in Matt Cain, and matched him. It was a great, great pitching duel." Pablo Sandoval was the only Giants runner to reach third base against Ross, after hitting a single leading off the seventh and advancing on a walk and a double play. Sandoval was stranded when Ross got Brandon Crawford to line to shortstop. Ross has made two strong starts after opening with two shaky outings. Black said Ross made a big mechanical adjustment between his second and third starts. "He just sort of reverted back to sort of muscling the ball with his upper body and not really driving off the mound and keeping his right foot securely against the rubber and pushing off," Black said. "When a pitcher doesnt use his lower half, his stuffs going to suffer." Ross said hes worked to keep his foot against the rubber longer and not rush his pitches. "Since Ive made that adjustment Ive been more consistent in the strike zone and had a better feel for all my pitches," he said. Cain (0-3) allowed four hits and one unearned run in seven innings while striking out eight and walking two. The Giants have played eight straight games decided by one run, their most since another streak of eight in a roww in August 1910, according to STATS.dddddddddddd "Its tough," Cain said. "Any way you lose, its not fun. Tyson threw the ball really good over there and he didnt give us many opportunities to score runs. When we had chances to do it, he (bore) down and got the job done." Chris Denorfia tripled to right-centre with one out in the first and scored on a passed ball by Hector Sanchez, who couldnt hold onto ball four to Jedd Gyorko. "We were trying to throw outside and it cut on him a little bit," Cain said. "I got to a count where I shouldnt have. I should have been a little more aggressive in going after Gyorko and getting him out." Yasmani Grandal, pinch-hitting for Ross in the eighth, homered off Juan Gutierrez, his first. Huston Street got his sixth save in six chances, but not before allowing Brandon Belts homer to right with one out in the ninth, his sixth. Street walked Hunter Pence with two outs before striking out Sanchez. After allowing Denorfias single with one out in the third, Cain retired 11 straight batters until Will Venable singled leading off the seventh. It was Cains second straight start allowing one run and four hits in seven innings. "He couldnt get a win his last two games, with the way he threw the ball," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "Giving up one run, and the way he gave up the run, its a shame." NOTES: Plate umpire Jerry Layne was scratched due to an illness, and a three-man crew worked the game. Hunter Wendlestedt took over behind the plate. ... Giants C Buster Posey got the night off. ... The series resumes Saturday when Giants RHP Tim Hudson (2-0, 2.35 ERA) is scheduled to face LHP Eric Stults (0-2, 5.52). ... When the Padres go on the road next week, LF Carlos Quentin, who started the season on the disabled list with a bone bruise in his left knee, will go to extended spring training in Arizona to continue working toward his return. If he does well, itll be the last step before hes cleared to go on a rehab assignment. Black also said RHP Casey Kelly, whos rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, threw a side session and is scheduled to throw another extended spring game Monday. If all goes well, Kelly will go on a rehab assignment to Triple-A El Paso.
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: 13 Gen 2019 04:45:00    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Presentazioni Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: